2023 International Society of Forest Resource Economics Symposium (ISFRE)
Where is Timber Going? Trends and Predictions for Timber Supply and Forest Markets During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic
May 15-17, 2023
Texas A&M Forest Service
The 2023 ISFRE annual meeting will be in-person in Houston, Texas, on May 15-17, 2023. The event includes keynotes, general, and poster presentations on the meeting theme.
- May 15, registration in the afternoon
- May 16, whole day meeting and poster presentation
- May 17, morning meeting and afternoon tour
- Keynote topics include the forest non-market evaluation given by Dr. Shashi Kant from the University of Toronto, sustainable forest management by Dr. Mo Zhou from Purdue University, and mass timber markets in the south by Ryan Jones, Partner, Lake|Flato.
- Al Davis, Interim Director, Texas A&M Forest Service, and Rob Hughes, Executive Director, Texas Forestry Association, will talk about current forest issues in the south.
- Two spots will be included in the field trip on May 17, 2023: Urban Forestry tour in Memorial Park and Mass Timber Building tour in Hanszen College at Rice university
- General presentations include topics in the economics of forestry, forest management, forest carbon, climate change, wildfire, non-market and ecosystem services, economic contributions, timberland investments, timber market, policy and trade, etc.
- Student posters will be automatically enrolled for Student Poster Awards.
- Continuing education credits from Society of American Foresters will be provided
- Student research presentations will be automatically enrolled for the Forest Business Economics Awards sponsored by the Journal of Forest Business Research.
- The Journal of Forest Business Research offers a 25% discount on page charges for all ISFRE attendees.
Download the preliminary agenda.
The abstract submission is open now. The deadline for abstract submission is March 31, 2023. Submit your abstract here- https://forms.office.com/r/82DgyfGVJg.
The 2023 ISFRE is hosted in Hyatt Regency Houston/Galleria, next to the Houston Galleria in Uptown Houston, and steps from the city’s most fashionable shopping, dining, and entertainment. Please book your hotel by April 15, 2023, to get a discounted rate- (https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/HOURG/G-ISFR)
We would like to extend our appreciation to the Journal of Forest Business Research for sponsoring the event! If you are interested in supporting this event through sponsorships or have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Xufang Zhang at Xufang.Zhang@tfs.tamu.edu